Kanon - General Discussion

Oops. I accidentally made two identical topics. XP And I can’t delete them! Augh!!

Help, please…

EDIT: Thank the Lord for flagging. Everything’s fixed now. But now how do I link the new topic?

I’ll do that!

1 Like

(small quesition)

I’ve just played on my 3D LED the extended OP from Kanon.
And let me ask you this: I’ve enjoyed (and many people around the TV too!) the opening in 3D (passive 3D)… Is this canon? No pun intended… I mean: Is this official?, or someone took the job of making it a very detailed 3D animation conversion?

Because this is not the standard 2D to 3D function-thingy that all LED TVs has… characters hair flowing in the wind looks awesome. And you can feel the characters… eveyone around me was in awe and enjoying the beautiful scene (and music). They want to see more (yay!) :slight_smile:

Again is this official? If so: where is this from…? (BD or something?)

Thanks!

I guess to answer your question I have to ask: What copy of Kanon were you watching, exactly?

Sorry for the late reply Pepe: I was watching it online and I’ve lost the URL.

Let me tell you that if it was fan-made, it was very well done. Probably a manual conversion 2D to 3D conversion.

I’m currently searching the web, looking for information about BD extras or something similar in order to see if there’s an official 3D OP bonus… although I don’t think there is something like that.

Hi everyone, I just bought Kanon this weekend at a conversion in town and am about to go through my first play through so I though I would revive the topic.

I’m going to post every now and then so feel free to discuss it with me!

2 Likes

Are you aiming for a specific heroine, or just going with the flow? There are moments where a single choice prevents you from even seeing that heroine again.

1 Like

For the first play through I’ll just go with the flow. I’ll target heroins in later readings.

Might as well read it now not like there is gonna be a bookclub because ASPI SUCKS

1 Like

The Kanon Bookclub is coming in early 2016 you clod.

If you’re willing to restrain yourself DMB, I’d recommend waiting for the Bookclub, but I understand if you don’t want to.

3 Likes

Fine, I’ll wait for early 2016, I’ll have a lot of free time by then anyway

@DMB Last guy who waiting for the Kanon bookclub was firmly disappointed.

Start it on January seventh and I will personally come there and suck your dick.

2 Likes

That would actually be a terrific idea.

Well, the first statement. The second statement is all up to your preference~

[quote=“Aspirety, post:30, topic:31”]
The Kanon Bookclub is coming in early 2016
[/quote]Uguu~

5 Likes

Oooh… Though as awesome an idea that is, I don’t think we’ll be done with the CLANNAD Bookclub by that time.

It’s been a number of years since I saw Kanon, and I only read 1 route of the VN before getting completely turned off by the dated-interface and H-scene.

Looking forward to giving the novel a second chance. I don’t feel like I gave the series a fair shot, not to mention I barely remember anything about it from having only seen the 2006 anime nearly 5 years ago.

So I’ve just decided to follow the anime order for the Kanon Bookclub, since I figured it was pretty inconsequential. But then I saw Fuwanovel’s recommended route order:

It’s quite different from the anime order, but they don’t provide any rationale for why it’s recommended. Can anyone here weigh in on it? @Kanon maybe?

Anime order seems fine to me. Though, moving Nayuki’s position seems a bit odd, since you can’t really call it the anime order anymore (even if it’s mostly that way).

It would seem a bit more “smooth” to follow some other metric, like the realism of each route (since some use less abstract elements than others), or the amount of discussion you expect each route to offer in the podcast. For example, going from most realistic to least, I’d say something similar to this:

Nayuki, Shiori, Ayu, Mai, Makoto.

Nayuki being closer to the discussion of the common route makes sense (so does just merging the two). For narrative purposes I think Ayu should be last though. Obviously, the example ordering above does not meet that.

Given that, and considering that it’s more or less inconsequential (i.e., the ordering doesn’t really matter), the slightly-modified anime order probably offers the most familiarity for those who have only watched the anime.

As for Flutterz’s recommended order (Ayu, Nayuki, Makoto, Shiori, Mai)… it seems to be taking the approach of explaining the most things to the least? I’m not too sure about the reasoning behind that order. Though I don’t expect a response to arrive soon enough to be practical here, I’ve sent a message along to see if they would share their rationale for the order. I think it would be interesting to hear their perspective on it. ^_^

TL;DR: That mostly-anime order is good enough and it’s unlikely that any further effort will yield a measurably better experience for bookclub participants.

2 Likes

You’ve decided to follow the Anime order?

So

Makoto > Mai > Shiori > Half of Nayuki > 3/4 of Ayu > The other half of Nayuki > The rest of Ayu?

I’ve mentioned before, but that’s not entirely far off my recommended order, all I do is put Nayuki at the front because she’s so vanilla and a harmless entry point. I believe Makoto first is a bit dumb.

It’s the anime order but with Nayuki at the front.