Kanon Bookclub Topic

We’re rallying the Kazamatsuri community once more to join together to read, discuss and celebate the Kanon visual novel for our Kanon Bookclub! Here’s a brief introduction for those of you new to our Bookclubs.

The Kanon Bookclub is a community-wide event which will take place over approximately 6 weeks. Forum members are invited to purchase the game (Standard Edition, Memorial Edition) and read through the game in their own time over the course of the Bookclub, sharing their thoughts on each route in their respective forum topics as they read, and contributing Fanworks to celebrate Kanon if they wish.

A select few members of the community will join together at the end of each week to discuss one of the routes after another, for a total of five podcasts. Forum members are urged to ensure they share their thoughts on each route before it comes up on the Podcast, and encouraged to post questions and topics for the podcast to address in bolded statements. The podcast schedule is as follows.

If possible, I hope to produce a Kanon Bookclub Anthology video at the conclusion of the Bookclub to showcase Fanworks produced, and offer some of our community the opportunity to reflect on what Kanon as a whole means to them. This will depend on whether or not we get lots of Fanworks though, so don’t be shy, get creative! Who knows, you might even win some prizes for your contributions to the Bookclub!

You may use this topic to ask questions and offer feedback about the Kanon Bookclub. I look forward to reading through Kanon together with you all!

For all relevant links and podcasts, look to the Kanon Bookclub Page.

8 Likes

30$ new memorial edition and 20$ the standar (open box) edition, shipping included… not bad, I’ll maybe join the bookclub, I only have seen the anime (2006 version, thanks god I didn’t knew the 2002 one) and I liked it

3 Likes

I am so hyped for this, even though I theoretically should be finishing Rewrite. Nayuki and and Ayu-chan though!

1 Like

I’m genuinely hyped for this. I usually skip on bookclubs as I don’t have time to finish the routes before any deadlines, but I’ve read Kanon in advance, so I hope to participate and share opinions on this one!

1 Like

Finally, familiar territory!

Kanon is a classic in my books, and I’m more than excited for this! After waiting so long since the AIR Bookclub, I can’t wait to get back into discussion and doing new fanworks with everyone. If anything, I hope to be more involved than ever to make up for my absence in the CLANNAD Bookclub. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait for this to start!

1 Like

Well well, I just joined the community and a bookclub is announced? Sure, I’ll join. Haven’t read Kanon but hey, VNs tend to be better than their anime counterparts. Time to do some shopping!

Also, as for the memorial edition, appart from the compatibility diferentes, story wise or dialogue wise, is there any difference compared to the standard?

1 Like

I’m also excited for the Kanon Bookclub. I am hoping to participate fully in this and share some of my thoughts about the VN since I’ve finished it last year. I might not make through the deadline but I’ll give it a shot to try out before that happens.

2 Likes

I’m excited for this. This will be both my first book club with you all and my first book club ever haha. I’ll definitely be buying the copies from amazon, but what is the difference between the standard edition and memorial? Also, I have a good feeling it will be in japanese text, so it’s possible to get an english patch online and implement it into the game right?

1 Like

http://kazamatsuri.org/kanon/

Yes, there is an English patch.

2 Likes

Just a clarification here; memorial edition pretty much just removes the H-scenes frim the standard, with nothing else changed. There isn’t a patch for memorial, but there is a patch you can put on top of the standard edition that converts it to memorial :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! I guess I wasn’t looking too hard for the translation. sorry haha

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Now the decision lies on which version to choose

I’m super excited for this! Going to start reading this week!

2 Likes

Wow. I love what the people at Kaza did for the Kazamatsuri page ! :michioh:
I love the blue and pink coloring for the top bars. Gives me a bubblegum feeling :fukowa:
I also love the Snow ? In the background. Very beautiful. Only thing that would have made it better is if this book club was during the winter time. But better late than never :wink:

Well anyways. I still see the Nagisa Sprite shown at the bottom left on mobile devices. We should see Ayu. (New Hinoue Ayu pls. Not the old Ayu).

The background behind the Kazamatsuri page looks really interesting and I look forward to getting involved in the Kanon bookclub and I hope I will be able to share some thoughts and comments since last week has been busy for me.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kanon - General Discussion

Me got no money ;-:
Okay, I do. But since the adaption was deemed as “perfect” for the most part, I don’t exactly feel like buying Kanon. The other Key works, for sure I would though, since they’re either average adaptions (Air, LB!), or not adapted at all (TA, KW, AB, RHF)

Plus, my mind is set on wanting to play Harmonia, getting a new Key story ;-: It would probably make me less invested in following Kanon’s book club.

Any day now Key…

2 Likes

Butchered a route and a half, and removed a whole layer of the VN at minimum, but it’s the best Key adaptation so far.

4 Likes