Introducing the Kanon Bookclub!

It's been a long time coming, but today I am finally proud to announce that the Kanon Bookclub is definitely, most certainly happening! If you're unfimiliar with our Bookclubs, they are community-wide events which rally everyone to join together to read through, discuss and celebrate the visual novel for a

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/introducing-the-kanon-bookclub/
10 Likes

Welp, it’s time to buy Kanon! http://www.amazon.co.jp/KEY-Kanon-メモリアルエディション-全年齢対象版/dp/B003D3MVRG

Not as cheap as AIR was, but still a pretty good price for a brand new copy

1 Like

I’m still gonna recommend Standard Edition for native compatibility with the patch.

Dang and I just finished reading it this past winter. Well time to read it again! And wait isn’t Kanon only sold in Japanese right?

1 Like

Yep. VA hasn’t bothered to release an English version…yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

But a fan translation exists, and it works pretty well for me. You can even think of it as having a prototype for the Dangopedia in the official CLANNAD English release.

By the way, when are podcast auditions going to start for this? May 30th seems really close… :confused:

Also, I came across this and thought I’d share it.

For those of you with one of the ancient Kanon versions (I don’t even know if such people exist :sweat_smile:) which have no voice acting, there are patches from the PS2 versions that apparently are compatible with the PC version.

I’m not sure whether this piece of information belongs to this post, I’m new to the forum and I still need to get a grasp of how things work here.

Cheers!

2 Likes

The first version of Kanon to get voice acting was the Dreamcast version, which I own. I believe the Dreamcast voices are the same as the PS2 voices, and the voices were ripped and the PC version patched to be compatible with the voices, so either way you’re correct.

And don’t worry about it. People are curious as to how to get the game in English for the Bookclub, so what you’ve said is relevant. I hope to see more from you as the Bookclub starts up. :smile:

2 Likes

Wow, a dreamcast version, I didn’t even know that existed! To be honest I quite envy all of you guys with these reliques, special editions and collectionist ítems. If only I had some spare money to get any of those things…

Sure, I’ll be there once the bookclub starts. I haven’t read Kanon yet, so it will surely be a lifetime experience.

Also, I wish you luck with the Podcast auditions! Do your best!

1 Like

I agree its a little sudden. I read it through eroge download. I actually have the original first edition for pc. Not sure if it’s rare or not so i havent opened it lol.

2 Likes

Well, there’s your answer, @Mogaoscar. :smile:

Be careful mentioning illegal download sites. We don’t condone them here at Kaza.

1 Like

Ah sorry. Well at least I did purchase the original so I support the creators! ahaha Sayuri laugh

1 Like

How to get a copy of this!?

http://kazamatsuri.org/kanon/

See “Where to Buy” here

1 Like

awsome thanks

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kanon - General Discussion