Happy 1st Anniversary Kazamatsuri.org! A word from the admin

I’m touched by your speech, good sir. Having found a community like this has really helped me feel like my niche, extremely-specific obsessions on Japanese pop culture (in this rather specific case, Key’s visual novels) are both relevant and beneficial. I feel needed in this group, unlike many of the other groups I’ve been to on Facebook, and I suppose that has to do with the benevolent, passionate, exemplary attitudes every member in this group has. Sure, there are things I can disagree with and nitpick about in this group (I am human, after all), but in the 31 days that I’ve been here, I do not think I could find a more lively, pleasant, and inviting group of fellow fans anywhere else.

I am glad to be here with all you blessed, wonderful people on this joyous day. May we all become closer friends than ever, even as Key grows stronger in every place that we live in, as we experience this new year of Kazamatsuri. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Guess this is the best song to describe these feelings:

Before Kazamatsuri, I was a lonely Key fan, surrounded by haters and seasonal jumpers (People who watch and trash anime every season, jumping between bandwagons like in Final Fantasy VIII or Ninja Gaiden 2). I was doomed to be the guy who kept the fire alive, alone, in a rainy day

Then, I met this place. At first, I had the same concerns as @Aspirety about the future of this place, Key and its fandom in general. Were we a dying breed among the rise of idol anime, the aging of veterans and newbies alike, and the concerns and speculation about the direction Key would take since Rewrite HF! ?

And then, as with the Key Magic we love to talk about, a miracle happened. One became two, two became ten and ten became the Big Dango Family we have today. The focus on intelligent discussions and a sense of community in a deeper level has paid off, and many people from so many places in the world, from newbies who just got into Key by the bookclubs to seasoned veterans who met Kanon and Air through Megatokyo back when even Clannad didn’t existed, from an unlimited chain of life backgrounds, experiences and knowledge, gathered here, craving for a place to call home with a thing in common: An undying love for their (our) rather niche VNs and anime.

That, and the things that are happening, such as the 3 new Key works, the Western localisations by Sekai Project, the bookclubs and the like… there’s a bright future ahead

tl;dr I’m glad to be part of this effort, however insignificant my interventons have been, and among the best things I got is the opportunity to share what I have been keeping inside for so long and being assured I wasn’t alone ;u;

On another note, I’ve seen many fads come and go, but many Key fans have kept being fans for years. Even people who remember Ayu Tsukimiya, the flagship of Key for their first years!

11 Likes

so much feels from your post :’)

Happy anniversary Kazamatsuri.org!
Glad to be able to become a member of this Clan!
Long live Kazamatsuri.org!

congratulation for the anniversary

I think you mean (LB) Little Jumper!

I’ve already said my feelings towards Kaza in the “What does Kazamatsuri.org mean to you” and, tl;dr, Kaza helped make me a bigger Key fan than I already was.

In this topic, I’d like to give one big
#CONGRATULATIONS!!!

to Kazamatsuri.org for becoming what it is now :smiley: When I joined, I thought “Hey, this is just gonna be another forum where I talk random stuff about Key” but it became so much more than that, and I got people who I can call friends from this community :wink: And I’m really glad it became as successful as it is now. Really, when I joined, we would just talk about the stuff that already happened (plus joking about when AB!VN comes out) and then suddenly… BOOM planetarian Steam release BOOM Clannad kickstarter BOOM Charlotte and AB!VN release aaaaand a lot more~ It’s gonna be a good year for Key and I’m glad to be fanboying over it together with you guys~

3 Likes

Everyone’s started drinking over webcam on Skype now. Let’s see how this pans out :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

too lazy to read, but happy anniversary. Stay fresh everyone.

Awesome, guys! Wish I could get in on that Skype action. Seems like an awesome time!

It got a little wild, to say the least.

Let’s just say we all have a very fond love of our community here.
I currently cannot feel my body still.

3 Likes

Speeches have been made, so I’ll keep mine short and crisp.
I am extremely happy and proud of being a part of this community.

1 Like

Congratulation!!! Kazamatsuri Saikou!

Congratulations!

1 Like