General Gaming Discussion

Well, I been playing Fifa 18, in fact I usually play daily. Its definitely the best Fifa game so far.
Also, I go back and forth with the Mass Effect trilogy. I love it. Up there with my favourite games of all time.
I only have PC for now, but, I am planning to get a PS4 at some stage. I really want to play The Last of Us Part 2, when it comes out eventually (hoping for end of the year, but I doubt it).

1 Like

I hope everyone has had some fun with games lately! It would be so much easier if the sleep schedule wasn’t 9 hours a night. :confused:

It has been a very long while of course, but my playthrough of Etrian Odyssey Untold is now down to two floors (15 and 25) since I want very little to do the postgame dungeon (if one were to take a look at the maps of floors 26 through 29 you could probably see why).

Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires has taken a good amount of my time as well, so poor Tales of Xillia hasn’t been started yet. To be honest, there isn’t a good reason why either.

It will soon get much warmer where I live so there will a lot more time playing games and reading VNs during lunch hours. Norn9 is very likely and some other musou-style game look like good candidates, for whatever a candidate is worth nowadays. :slight_smile:

To also note, there are so many strategy games left to tackle too such as Master of Orion 2, the better games in the Heroes of Might and Magic series, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires…and yet they keep sitting there collecting dust or digital space. That really needs to change, but I’m worried I would disappear from the net if that happened.

I play FGO JP and I did the paid anniversary draw today (FGO’s 5 star rates are 1% but New Year or Anniversary 1 time draws are 100% chance for a 5 star); during the 2018 New Years draw I managed to get a Jeanne Alter out of a 1/27 chance. Now today I did the anniversary draw and got a Jeanne Alter dupe out of a 10% chance from the pool so was pretty let down, but it didn’t end there because then ANOTHER Jeanne Alter appeared. How insanely unlikely this happens mostly made up for my initial disappointment of getting a duplicate. And I can also tell myself getting three copies is only because of how much the tsundere Jalter loves me :umu:

(Sorry for the potato camera quality, I just took the pictures from when I streamed it for a friend.)

Anyone else here a fan of RPG Maker horror games?

Extremely, although more so RPG maker games in general than just horror. I’ve played way too many RPG maker games to list them all here so I’ll just put it in a pastebin https://pastebin.com/krjWCJQm

1 Like

The horror and exploration stuff definitely. Not tried much outside of those genres though.

1 Like

I need help again!

• PS4 for Spider-Man
  • Switch for Smash Ultimate

0 voters

1 Like

Switch it is, then!

Forgive me, Spidey…:sad:

2 Likes

Both games are good choices (and if you like something then it is never a bad choice), but we may never see another game with as much meaningful fighting game content as Smash Ultimate in our lives, and the Spider-Man game will probably drop in price faster. There may be availability issues to contend with if you think Spidey will be hard to come by in a few months or so, but this is assuming that you won’t have to worry about that.

1 Like

I’m currently thinking about picking up Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and perhaps even finding a likeminded crazy person to try the challenge of the Centurion (a video of a group solving it made me interested), so that the list of people completing it gets a bit bigger.

I also started playing League of Legends again (oh no), and thanks to having some friends to play it with it’s way less anxiety inducing as it was years ago when I first played that.

Otherwise I’m playing various Switch games, currently Zelda Breath of the Wild and the two Warriors games, and perhaps starting Octopath Traveler at some point.

Oh, and in October I’m definitely getting The World Ends With You for the Switch.

Which Centurion are you referring to anyway? I’m guessing that this isn’t the 1990 strategy game.

With other news, there has been much progress on 100% Poppo KO (although there are no plans to play the game with strangers since that’s just not my cup of tea) and Disgaea 3 was started this week too. For some reason, the desire to play Tales of Xillia was completely derailed and it wasn’t intentional so that should pick back up soon too.

I also dropped a few games from the “maybe there is time for this” list because there are so many other games out there (including the recently mentioned Warriors games like FE: Warriors and Hyrule Warriors) that may be hard to get around to as is anyway.

Finally, it’s about time to look around for a rig parts and/or a laptop that can comfortable and easily play some games from a few years ago, a PS2 emulator for Destiny Remake, and a Dolphin emulator for various games. My desktop is reaching potato status and it’s essential to get an upgrade for programming purposes anyway.

No, it’s a specific bomb in Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. So the game has steam workshop, with user created modules. The Centurion now takes the first 98 created from those, as well as two vanilla modules and a random needy module (a module that cannot be disarmed and doesn’t need to be disarmed, but still requires action from time to time), creating a bomb containing 101 modules and giving the players 100 minutes to disarm it.

Just finished Deracine on PSVR, it was very interesting. Total playtime around 6-7h hours, and despite a lot of movement I had 0 motion sickness from it, which I’ve definitely experienced with other games.

Overall verdict: best game that will exist on current-gen PSVR - I just don’t see anything beating it on the medium.

Story-wise it was as confusing as any Souls game, which is a pretty good achievement considering the length. Very souls-like aesthetics too. Definitely recommended.

As a side note, it was the first game I’ve played on PSVR that actually required dual Move controllers, so my playing was delayed by a week as I had to get those. I can see why after playing, but it was surprising.

So… anyone here like Smash and still don’t have a Switch?

1 Like

I love Sm4sh too bad I don’t have my WiiU right now.

I just finished a game called The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories by Hidetaka Suehiro’s White Owls. It was an interesting game, the gameplay itself is outdated, but it develops some interesting topics.

During the game you the protagonist chats with her friends, mom and teacher, the chats are fun but they are really weird. When you beat the game and you (huge spoilers) find out that the main character is a man in the real world you piece it all together and it becomes an interesting commentary of gender.

1 Like

Ahh Looks like an interesting game… Its game mechanics are a bit gruesome from what I have read from the steam page though :sweat_smile:

Yeah the gameplay is kinda off and the game mechanics are all over the place, but the developers used the mechanics as a plot point. That game is the weirdest game I’ve played in some time hahahaha.
I think it is one of those games that should have been a film.

Just finished CrossCode. Damn, that was a great game.

It’s been a while, but I was able to remove quite a few games from the backlog that there just isn’t time for or just aren’t worth the time and that feels really good since there is always more clutter than you know about or expect anyway. :slight_smile:

Still, there are plans to try Dragon Quest Heroes out for a bit to see if jumping right to the second game is the best decision, and Smash Ultimate is coming along to the point where the only person left to unlock is Wolf…and still over 40 or so characters I want to play or try out. It is awesome to be able to play six player and eight player matches on any stage you want and to feel that real chaos!

Little Busters will get started again soon (don’t know why I haven’t picked it back up this month yet) along with some other small odds and ends. The 100% Orange Juice play log still grows but it’s at a slower pace and 13 characters are left to try out.

EDIT: There is apparently data corruption problems with the new Smash update and use of the Plant. PLEASE be warned - I’m staying away from playing Piranha Plant altogether for a little while longer.

1 Like

Steam’s at it again with wallet rape.

Just got the rest of the Fruits of Grisaia. Umineko, When they cry. Pretty much the since the last summer sale all i have been playing are the few critically acclaimed visual novels and drawing.

If you like Key’s work which if your reading this you do. Give Fruits of Grisaia a try. I’d agure that its better than key but i havent finished it yet only done two routes.

Incase your interested in what i have read since christmas I have read; Higurashi chapter, 3-4, Umineko 1-2, Planetarian (Switch) and Tomoyo After it a wonderful Golden Takafumi. :gold:

1 Like