Favorite Voice Actors / Seiyū? (Key-related)

Kana Hanazawa for sure ! Voicing Kanade (Angel Beats), Kagari (Rewrite), and Suginami (Little Busters!)

Oh gosh. She must be livin rich, voicing the heroine’s in Key’s era.

2 Likes

Aside specific personal tastes, the ones that I think are the most praise-worthy are Tomoe Tamiyasu and Asaki Risa. If I had to choose one, though, I’d go with Asaki Risa. Tamiyasu did a better job when it comes to bring Rin’s personality to life and make her stand out as a character, however Risa was more emotionally powerful in my opinion, while still portraying Lucia’s personality well.

Now for my personal tastes, I love Mio’s voice. So lovely…

HANAKANA ALL THE WAY!!!
I’m entirely biased when it comes to her. Usually my favorite character in a series will be whoever she voice acts for.

1 Like

I actually met Tomoe Tamiyasu when she came to AX in 2012! She was SUPER nice. I even took a picture with her. I didn’t think Japanese voice actors usually let you do that. I saw a bunch of copies of the Little Busters EX artbook in the vendor hall the day before her autograph session, but I didn’t think to buy it. When the attendant told me 2 autographed items were allowed, I rushed over to the booth that was selling them, but they were gone D: Here’s a picture I took of her with me being Homestuck trash :V

As for other voice actors, I really really like the “dandere” archetype, and the characters’ voices play a big part in that. I liked Yukari Tamura as Mai and Kana Hanazawa as Angel.

I also liked Ai Nonaka as Fuuko. She has a really unique… I don’t know how to describe it, “breathy” or “raspy” sound to her voice I guess? I also liked her as Kyouko from Madoka Magica.

Lastly, I have a thing for cute, feminine male characters with female VAs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Yui Horie as Riki is a gift from the heavens. Tomoe Tamiyasu is too, but I don’t recall her having very many lines as Riki in the VN.

3 Likes