Discussion: Is There Real Meaning in Visual Novels?

(link to his post here) Planetarian - General Discussion

Yup, I have also used a VN (Katawa Shoujo) for a presentation for psychology class. We were talking about paraphilia. And a friend of mine sent me a photo of another presentation in which they used Dramatical Murder (and a shirtless macho-pair image on the presentation… I really don’t know what was it about).

Oh, and I remember once quoting Steins;gate for a religion class essay. I think it was this quote (It’s not really a spoiler) “The fish that lives in the sea doesn’t know the world in the land. It also ruins and goes if they have wisdom. It is funnier that man exceeds the speed of light than fish start living in the land.”

You can learn many things by reading VNs just in the same way they say you become smarter by reading books (not entirely true, but generally consented; it depends in what you read).

So what are your stories? Have you used VNs for school/academic purposes?

Most fantasies are constructed mainly with reality. A creator of fiction uses parts of reality that mean something to them. People find meaning in different things, and that’s why there’s so many different kinds of fiction. Some will mean nothing to you and some will mean a lot.

The idea that there’s no meaning in any art form is absurd, these things aren’t just created in a void.

3 Likes