CLANNAD - General Discussion

Oh no, I just complain a lot. The VN is generally seen as the better format because the anime missed out a lot of crucial things, and a lot of fun things.
Little Busters! was longer I think. It had less routes than Clannad, but Clannad’s routes were all pretty much better than Little Busters!'s

I gave it a 6/10… High average. I gave Clannad a 7/10 simply because it had more content, but Clannad was much less enjoyable to me. I like Naoyuki’s character much more than Tomoya’s.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:11, topic:33”]
Little Busters! was longer I think. It had less routes than Clannad, but Clannad’s routes were all pretty much better than Little Busters!'s
[/quote] I guess that would justify a purchase of CLANNAD in the near future. Ecstasy, and Perfect Edition by extension, is longer than CLANNAD by a few thousand words. I bought the vanilla version (the original version without the three extra routes and erotic content), mainly because it was cheaper.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:11, topic:33”]
I like Naoyuki’s character much more than Tomoya’s.
[/quote]Both characters are pretty angsty. Naoyuki seemed to actually have development to his character, unlike Tomoya, who pretty much stayed static throughout the anime. It’s not good to have a weak main character in a story full of interesting and extremely likeable major characters.

I moved 11 posts to an existing topic: CLANNAD - Tomoya Okazaki Character Discussion (Spoilers)

Ah, no. This is just how Taka and I talk to each other. Don’t worry its normal and (I don’ think) either of us is mad.

[quote=“EisenKoubu, post:18, topic:33”]
I’m sorry to offend you.
[/quote]Don’t worry. You didn’t offend me. I was only just recently in the “new to all this” position as well. I just feel really passionate about Riki and the Little Busters, especially after having only finished the VN under a month ago. You’ll understand one you read it.

And sorry for making you feel rushed. Because of me, theres kind of a running gag here now about people who haven’t read LB!. Don’t worry about finishing it right away or something. It took me over 4 months.

I am not rich either.
[/quote]Ah yes. Chronic problem of art lovers.

So you’re telling me to take everything he says with a grain of salt? And how am I supposed to get others’ opinions? I can’t will people to answer my questions. I might as well just shut up and not ask at all.
[/quote]Ah, no. You’ll understand once you get to know Taka better. I honestly respect his opinion more that a lot of people here because he’s just seen and read so much stuff. But he’s often that one guy who hates something everyone else loves. Now not that everyone thinks LitBus! is the best, but I just didn’t want you to start having doubts about your purchase when almost everyone else here will sing its praises.

3 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me doing some housekeeping! The discussion became very focused on Tomoya, so I moved a bunch of posts there instead.

hi, I´m currently reading the visual novel and just unlocked after story, When started after story this appeared, do somebody knows what it means?

So I’m genuinely curious about this: Has anyone on our forum not seen nor read CLANNAD at all yet? I feel like, if anything, this is the series that everyone would already know about

We’ll find out with the bookclub~

1 Like

Probably not because Clannad is the first thing you get thrown in your face when you search for Key. Or it will get you into Key because you will find it when you start liking anime and vn’s. And if you don’t, Clannad will find you…

1 Like

Someone in here mentioned the clannad ost “ana.” Did anyone else not notice how weird that song is? The melody is fine but when I noticed it when rewatching I was dying because the lyrics made no sense at all. Unless it was just misheard lyrics it said something along the lines of “the place is a lofty lord, can’t meet nobody put on”

Oh yes, my friends and I laughed pretty hard at those lyrics.

I just like to think of it being in a language that isn’t english :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta love that Lia voice though~

When I first heard the song, I thought the lyrics were translated cause I saw the English dub for the series(and I’m not and will not be ashamed in saying that). Then I heard the song last year and realized it wasn’t translated at all and that the song was sung fully in English and I was like okay, that was interesting. :smile:

1 Like

I first really noticed it when I was rewatching with my sister. During the ibuki wedding and fuko scene when it plays my sister was crying and I was just trying to hold in my laughter.

@Telnaior hasnt. Watch out, because we’re about to spoil everything. (notreally,themodswillbeatyourassinifyoudo) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s me. Gonna read it once I get my hands on the localisation (either that or once I get through everything else in my queue), but in the meantime I know absolutely nothing about CLANNAD. Going in blind is fun~

2 Likes

The lyrics of “Ana” start out seeming like ordinary Engrish… but then they proceed to get more and more and more broken. It really is funny, and actually kind of distracting.

2 Likes

Now that you’ve brought that to my attention, it is going to be very distracting ahaha.

Da pleiz cheinjes and gooos.
Laik a wind laik clauds. Laik da treices of da haat.

That’s how it sound for me (you have to read it with spanish vowels).

Hey man Lia’s pronunciation is beautiful :< not her fault Hagiwara couldn’t write English

1 Like