CLANNAD Fanart

Oct 14th was the Japanese railway anniversary day.

1 Like

Hey guys, I hate to be a nag, but the amount of fanwork contributions for this Bookclub has been dismally low! We have hardly anything to put in the Anthology. Without the help of each of you, there might not even be an anthology!

I want you all to consider what YOU can bring for the CLANNAD Bookclub. Even if you’re not good at drawing, there’s so many other things you can do. You can cook some pilaf or bake some bread. You can program some software or a fangame. You can take photos, do a cosplay, or craft something, or play some music. Think hard about it! I’d like all of you joining in the Bookclub to contribute something, no matter how small.

1 Like

Well then to please the great one, I’ll try my best. I’ve had an idea for a while about constructing MtG decks for characters; I’ve seen pokemon teams made for LB! characters, so this is basically the same thing.

The idea is to recreate a character’s personality in the deck’s playstyle. For my own sake mostly, every deck has to have a win condition and be-to a degree-playable.

I started with Sunohara because it’s the easiest one and the reason why I came up with the idea. Decklist
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded is the centerpiece of the deck because the card is perfect for Sunohara. Planeswalkers are usually very rare and powerful, but Tibalt is widely regarded as the worst one ever made and he’s the butt of many jokes. Playing a planeswalker on turn 2 seems good but Tibalt mostly blows up in your face, much like Sunohara’s plans do.
Pardic Dragon is another card that fits Sunohara like a glove because of how good it looks and how badly it plays. If you just read the card without much thought, it will look like a 4/4 flying creature that starts attacking on turn 4. In a real game, this will never happen ever. This is the best description Pardic Dragon there is.
Pretty much the entire deck is like this. The cards look deceptively cool and powerful but will mostly just backfire. Coupled with a low amount of 20 lands, this deck is a true mess; playing this deck is pure luck and the odds are not in your favor. I call it, Sunohara, the Idiot-Blooded

Made one for Kotomi as well. Decklist. Inspired by how Kotomi is before Tomoya pulls her out of the library, I figured a deck based on Laboratory Manic would fit well. Normally in MtG, you lose if you draw out all the cards in your deck but the maniac flips it so that you win instead. So reflecting how Kotomi spends all her time reading, the deck is all about playing cards like Compulsive Research or Thirst for Knowledge to draw out your deck, and then when you’ve “researched” enough you win. I also added her habit of sharing things through Zedruu the Greathearted, and her general defenselessness is represented by there barely being any cards that interact with the opponent.

3 Likes

I’m gonna tag the old artists and see if they’re still around and willing to contribute!
@Ekalina @chesca @DaiVel @Mitsuna
And @Akito and @SuikaShoujo, though you two have already contributed one piece each!

3 Likes

When is the deadline?

and Hero signal => @Whitecrow

1 Like

Kyaa, he’s too good for us! Also @Dizzyworld2 too. =3=
Schedule for the routes is here: CLANNAD Bookclub Topic Anthology is scheduled for approx. 27th February. If you wanna art for specific routes you’re welcome, but I won’t ask for too much :stuck_out_tongue:

yea the force is strong with @Whitecrow

I’m not as good as him, but I’ll try. However, it’s gonna be a busy month for me and I always take a lot of time to finish an artwork (newbie with mouse, lol) so I think I may only be able to produce one picture in that period of time.

Anything you can :nagismil:

I’ll try to cook up something this week =)

2 Likes

The heroine has appeared!

I’ll definitely contribute something! ^o^

1 Like

I’ll try to make some contribution…

Also I want to summon fellow artist @Whitecrow to tag along :smile:

@Ekalina Thx to inform me!
I’ll do my best to contribute!

2 Likes

Happy birthday, Nagisa! (bit late)

3 Likes

Hayaaaa

11 Likes

Here my contributions…

I also want to play Clannad Visual Novel…but zannen…I don’t have steam acc…

“Unmei no Akai Ito”
Please choose wisely Tomoya…who is your best girl? I am on Kotomi’s side :relaxed:

Love story about this dormitory woman also beautiful…someday I am gonna read her route…

And the last is Fuuko route…I am glad at the end of anime Fuuko finally recovered

11 Likes

My favorite out of those three is the Misae-Shima one ^^ soooo cute~

1 Like

The colors are really, really pretty. I wish I could paint like that :tired_face:

1 Like

Don’t forget, you can play older versions of CLANNAD! And it’s very easy to get a Steam account.

That said, these are wonderful, thank you!

1 Like

@Pepe Thank you :slight_smile: Shima and Misae love story is very beautiful…I also moved and cry when saw their route in the anime…:komue:

@chesca it’s fun Chesa-san…you can also start to learning how to paint watercolor :smile:

@Aspirety You’re welcome…my holiday will come soon…and I’ll take your suggestion :masgrin:

2 Likes