Charlotte - Episode 12 "Promise"

I’m pretty much in the boat of something wildly altering the perspective in the finale due to what it would have to include if it was as simple as him going on his journey. The other option would be a time skip to his return and what that brings.

Money still on ‘what the fuck’ being the goal because 2manyholes2fixotherwise.

My only comment to the recent posts: Just because he’s off to travel the world and plunder all the abilities doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to succeed at it

1 Like

Has that clip of someone surrounded in an ocean of blood been in the anime yet? That might be a result of Yuu’s travels.

4 Likes

I think this was my favorite episode so far. I was glad to see Joujirou and Yusa/Misa again, and the episode just made me feel…good. I think it’s what I’d been waiting for from this show. Seeing how everything affected Yuu and it changed him into a better person.
The confession to Nao was abrupt, although I saw it coming. I’m glad it happened, although the execution didn’t sit completely well with me.

I hope something grand will happen next week that will make all the previous episodes seem “worth it”.

Ok so he’s also technically Megaman.

Everytime he beats someone he gets stronger, currently he can posses people, fly, go invisible, move hayai, channel Misa, has pyromancy, has telekinesis, has ‘collapse’, and has a currently unusable timeleap, he might also have the ability to go though walls, erase memories, and hypnotize, depends if he takes those.

If he doesn’t act like a dumbass, he’s already pretty strong and can only get stronger- oh fuck he can just find a healing power and fix his eye and that’s how he’ll time leap.

JoJo’s are kind of invincible though. What killed Kumagami would be nothing to a JoJo, they’re superhumanly durable.

Maybe he can find another power user who can time leap without having to use both eyes. There can’t be only one time leaper in the whole world…

Going by that thought there might not be only one Plunderer in the whole world either.

1 Like

Or only one person who can channel Misa in the world!

1 Like

What if Charlotte is set in the world of Rewrite and (Rewrite spoiler) Yuu plunders Kotarou and saves the world

Rewrite anime adaptation confirmed.

5 Likes

Honestly, if this actually happened (even if it was just someone with a “Rewrite” power, not Kotarou specifically) I would probably laugh for two hours straight. That would be seriously the best ending they could come up with.

I agree.
Well for the sake of both comic relief at least and a crazy excuse to announce Rewrite’s long awaited time to shine in fully animated glory.

The more I think about it, the more I actually hope it somehow miraculously happens in the 1/100000000000000000000000 odds there are in my self-perceived sense of probability.
Or at the very least some kind of Rewrite cameo in Charlotte as a small tease to get people’s hopes up.

better yet, plunder kagari. then do whatever they would normally do idk

So you are saying Yuu is going to use Levitation and fly up to the Moon or something?

I would also like to see that happen!
Would be crazy and funny as heck!

or teleport there

This episode was beautiful. But, seriously, Ayumi wasn’t needed in is episode tbh. Joujiro either. Though I have to say, since there’s only 1 episode left, I was completely unsatisfied with the music in Charlotte. The OP and ED’s were great, but the BGM’s, seriously ? There’s only 3 good tracks in there that I’ve heard, the Anime PV 2 trailer song, the song that played during episode 1 when Nao was beating up Yu, and the song that played in the recent episode, forgot when it played. Maybe during the confession scene ? It was just a piano song so yeah. Jun Maeda was caught up with the ZHIEND music and How-Low-Hello music, that he didn’t even dedicate the time he could have, to the BGM’s/OST’s.

That confession scene though :joy::joy::joy: Nao didn’t even care about it in the first place :joy::joy::joy: I was dying.

I’m a bit concerned about the next episode. Not only because there’s obviously gonna be a time skip, but the fact that there was a picture released before the Charlotte anime started airing, that I don’t completely understand, because of the 2 characters in it. And the PV for episode 13, kinda gives the ending away, but at the same time, if they added 1 more text to the PV, then it would have gone the opposite direction with the ending.

Oh well. 1 episode left. I guess the only chances for a key anime anytime soon, would have to be for Rewrite, mostly because it’s the only big project from Key left. Unless an animation studio is thirsty to start animating the first beat.

The one teasing the flashback?

Don’t know. It was a facility. The scenery was red. Was it really the tease for the flashback ? Cause I thought it was foreshadowing episode 13

Despite Kumagami’s death and Yuu’s horrible injuries, this episode is very relaxed. It’s kind of a breather episode after all the harsh, dark stuff that has happened over the course of the show. Of course, it also builds up to the finale, which at this point is looking to be either impossibly brilliant or incredibly rushed.

Every character we’ve met so far appears in this episode, only to completely lose their relevance at the end. Yuu gathers from Nao that he needs to rob every single power in the world to bring everything back to normal, which Nao and even Shunsuke acknowledge as impossible. I really have no idea how Yuu is going to accomplish this alone in a short span of time, especially since there are people all over the world who want him for experiments.

One more point I want to cover is the confession, which is so out-of-place. The way I see it, Nao doesn’t even have any sort of feelings for him at all. I never got any indication that she was attracted to Yuu, and her response to his confession solidifies that point. This whole romance thing just feels forced, moreso than some other Key romances.

Sigh…

This doesn’t leave me with a lot of hope for episode 13. I mean, this wasn’t a bad episode, but it feels like Maeda’s rushing things again. Angel Beats certainly needed more time to tell its story, and I feel like Charlotte is heading into that same pitfall like…well, a blind time-leaper. We’ll have to see for sure tomorrow. :confused:

That’s the thing. She never did have feelings for him. There is no “romance” because romance needs two to tango. So I am not calling this forced romance like many people are claiming because it is simply no romance. Which is why Nao’s reaction is so amusing.

2 Likes

People who skip content like episode 5, then call it a forced romance are the funniest.

3 Likes