Breaking: Rewrite Moon & Terra Anime Announced!

First the anime is being a lot better than I expected and now this

The hype is real.

2016? i think you meant 2017

Will upload the HD version when it’s out…

1 Like

Count me as excited :3

And I really like the imagery created by the poster. The rest is spoilers XD

I can’t say I was expecting that! Frankly I was pretty pessimistic about all this. But hey, it’s glad to see that Moon and Terra will (hopefully) receive the treatment that it deserves!

6 Likes

I’m excited to hear about this too. I’m happy they’re going to go through the adaptation for Moon and Terra and I can’t wait to see it next year! Very awesome! Yahoo! :smile:

1 Like

I was also pretty negative overall, but I think this is something to be excited about. Now that they’re moving on to Moon/Terra, the park of Rewrite that was considered so difficult to adapt is done with and it’s likely that this season will be much better overall.

2 Likes

I’m so excited about this, yet the lack of necessary information in the first season is making me uncomfortable.
Would this be some kind of fanservice to the VN readers?

3 Likes

I hope they will do a proper Moon and Terra. Well, you can’t really mess with that all that much. It goes as a single story… If they don’t try to improvise things it would be ok.
So, guess, I’ll look forward to it.

YESSS I knew they wouldn’t let it end with only a measily 13 episodes. Yeah im really glad they are going to give it a second season with Moon&Terrra. Since they finished adapting the hardest part they really can’t mess these two routes up. I’ve enjoed the anime so far even with its flaws and im excited to see that this got announced.

1 Like

IMO it was obvious that doing Moon/Terra was at least planned, although I did consider it possible that the Rewrite anime would fail so hard they wouldn’t have the trust or budget to do it ^^;

But anyways, I’m definitely still faithful this is going to turn out good.

2 Likes

I’m kinda excited but worried at the same time
Now even if the material they will be covering is easier to adapt, it still might suffer from the unnecessary extra comedy that the first season has

Also since this second season is being released very soon, I can’t expect good animation quality from it

The first season had tons of studios and tons of animation directors(the guys that fix the drawings) on each and every episode and it still looked derpy af, the staff was struggling just to get each ep out on time, even going far to giving almost half of the show to other studios just to finish everything on time

and now the break they are getting for the second season is not enough at all, this should’ve been pushed to at least spring or at the best case summer 2017 and 8-Bit should do nothing aside from it in the meantime

But Aniplex are evil so RIP the staff…

2 Likes

Ha just they try >:))

The challenge in adapting Moon and Terra, however, is in how inner monologue-heavy the two routes are. Terra less so than Moon though. Also, Moon is a really strange route, though they might be able to pull it off if they do a Shaft on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well as long as they clarify the connection between the heroine routes, Moon, and Terra, they should be just fine.

I reckon that the reason why the anime looked like a crammed assignment is exactly because of the second season. If it was just the first season, they had a crapton of time to do it: the announcement came as far as nine months prior to the airing (they probably already started production prior to the announcement), and the seiyuus were already voicing over Episode 7 a week prior to airing the first episode.

While the scheduling issue is a big downside, the upside is that the animators, having drawn the cast for a season, will have better grasp of the models, which brings the possibility of the season 2 being less inconsistent than the first. But I can’t count on this one haha.

(BTW you can’t really use the word “break” when animators are basically employees who need their jobs for the money; you might be referring to them being given more time to produce the episodes. But that’s expensive, and big companies are more inclined to spend less and earn more than to provide to the welfare of their workers. So… yeah.)

1 Like

As you said, what I meant m with break is for the staff to have more time to polish the series, also regarding the ep 7 voice recording, if you watch Shirobako, you would know that sometimes the staff uses the storyboard in the recording session because the actual visuals aren’t done yet.

Rewrite’s first season didn’t seem like “saving efforts” to me, idk if the second season is going to have a quality boost or not

Also you are right about the animators getting used to the designs, also the school uniforms barely show up on Terra so they won’t have to deal with that :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve heard rumors buzzing around the internet that this second season is going to be 11 episodes. For those who have read the VN, does that sound like it will be enough (provided that piece of information is true)…?

Actually not even a rumor; the article has an update quoting the official BD announcements. Rewrite will have a total of 24 episodes.Since we’ve had 13 already, that makes 11 left.

Frankly, I think 11 episodes is just fine for Moon + Terra… assuming they don’t add in some more useless shit

12 Likes

Eleven episodes will definitely suffice with the amount of content in Moon and Terra, but I reckon that it will be a bit tight, especially from a VN reader’s standpoint. So I thought about how the series composition will go about for this season.

Spoiler-tagged are VN spoilers

• The first two episode will be dedicated on Kotarou’s backstory. I was thinking how the anime will be able to show that Terra’s story branches off from the scene where Kotarou spots a newborn Kagari, and I thought that separating this from the rest of the story is the safest and least confusing way to go about it. (Of course it’s entirely possible to get this point across without doing this.)
    Since this is the beginning of the season, giving this part two episodes will allow the anime to have a sense of narrative early on, but may feel a little rushed for VN fans. I personally think that two episodes can already efficiently tell this story, as this has already been partly told in the anime.
  • Episodes 3 up to 6 or 7 will be Moon Arc. I still honestly don’t know how they’re going to go about adapting Moon’s unique storytelling at its first half. Meanwhile, the latter half (starting from Kotarou’s reunion with his friends) is fairly straightforward and easy to express on TV, and can be done within two and a half episodes.
  • Episodes 8 to 11 will be Terra. The challenge will be how the story can give away that Kotarou’s decisions were forced on him via information passed on to him from the Moon.

(As a bit of a reference on the series’ potential pace, Tanaka once described Terra Arc to be at the length of two light novels.)

1 Like

According to latest visual it says on the left lower corner where the arrow is Rewrite 2 will air on Januray 14th 2017

1 Like

I did not particularly like the first season so im hoping this season will change my mind since rewrite was one of the best vns ive read

1 Like

Even if it does adapt it poorly, I’m sure they’ll adapt the scenes we’re looking forward to.

Even if it does turn out to be bad, at least we can get some decent AMV’s from it.

I personally still have hope that 8-Bit can adapt this well.

Sad thing is that most international viewers will only be people who have played the VN. At least in Japan, it’s a bit more popular and anticipated. Hopefully Key can get some better money off of this, considering it’s likely their last anime for a while (unless someone decides to adapt the spin-offs to previous titles, or remakes).