Ask a Key fan!

Thanks for the info! I certainly gained more respect for In the Town of Incessant Rain and Scene Shifts There(2 of my favorites). I can’t believe I didn’t notice…

Well, except Scene Shifts There and Town of Incessant Rain were composed by two different people. So not exactly the same thing, but still goes to show how much different musical themes and progressions are used and “reused” everywhere.

You mean “rewritten”… (little joke). Indeed the chord progressions are (I think purposely) used and used again to create a comfortable ‘known’ atmosphere.
Like in Pop music and Pachelbel’s Kanon (the chord progression that is used everywhere).

1 Like

Hello folks,

I’ll use a linked reply to avoid double posting, feel free to move as an isolated question, since it is one.

I’m Googling and researching about Houko Kuwashima… I’m specially interested to know where do we hear Houko Kuwashima, instead of Tomoko Kawakami.

Specially in AIR and of course in Clannad.
In which parts did Kuwashima had to replace Kawakami, because when I was watching I couldn’t tell, and one of the strong points of AIR for me is Kamio’s voice.

(Clannad spoilers) I know one of her last works was the final words in Clannad by the “imaginary world girl”

Next time I see or play those stories I’ll pay attention to that… but if anyone knows it would be appreciated.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Key Title Naming Sense

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Key Character Design Discussion

Harmonia is coming this month right ? Or in April right ? Since they said Spring.

In Angel Beats world, we don’t know the criteria for the people to get to that world. Maybe there’s like a set maximum or maybe they just got obliterated. Sure it’s illogical to say all teens who died go to the angel beats world so like probably 99.99% don’t. Also there were a ton of people in the guild so the actual number is probably at least 50. not that it matters anyways.

CLANNAD anime probably didn’t get Kappei route because it’s so off from the rest. I feel like it’s a lot farther than the other routes but I’m not too sure.

2 Likes

I would guess they have someone with the ability to detect other ability user. It would be pretty easy to find them.

Since they are only in the OP they could just be there to look good, without a deep meaning. (AB! Spoiler) On the other hand, they can leave the afterlife when they finish what they wanted to do, so when they find their true happiness? something like that.

They said ‘spring’ 2016. So probably somewhere in the next 3 months.

1 Like

I’m sorry for asking for this, but is there any translation of Kud Wafter (converted edition)?

There is no released English translation of Kud Wafter. A translation has been in progress at Project Wafuu for years though. If you ever need information like this, just check our series info pages: http://kazamatsuri.org/kud-wafter

Does anyone use a cellphone on CLANNAD? Or is ever mentioned any of the students have one? (no spoilers please).

I remember that in Kotomi’s route, there’s a scene where Tomoya uses his cellphone to message Kyou and them.

Other than that, I’m pretty sure they don’t use it much, or show it much. There’s also one scene in After Story where a phone is used, a house phone, not a cell phone.

There’s also the dorm phone that was used when Mei calls Sunohara for the first time (and times later on).

Your best chance at finding someone using a phone would be either Kyou, or Kotomi.

EDIT AGAIN - In the Angel Beats 1st Beat Interview that Kaza posted not-too-long ago, Jun Maeda was asked about the characters and which ones had a backstory and didn’t. Jun Maeda said that Sekine (along with 3-4 other SSS members) was at a concept stage. In the VN Database for the 1St Beat, it says that Maeda is responsible for Sekine’s route ? Was this just a false info ? (Hoping for someone who actually has played the 1st Beat to answer)

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Angel Beats Mobile Game ‘Yurippe no Guild Daikouka Daisakusen’ Announced

There was an announcement a long time ago that Maeda was going to write those routes. 1st beat only has routes for Yui, Iwasawa and Matsushita. So instead of false information, it’s more like that they just haven’t gotten to it yet.

1 Like

Can anyone translate this ? Twitter translate doesn’t help.

She’s talking about some person named ei-chan who apparently followed the AB/Charlotte twitter but hasn’t bothered to follow hinoue or other key staff…

Actually, from Hinoue’s tweets I figure she’s a big denpagumi.inc fan so I figure ei-chan is Eimi Naruse :stuck_out_tongue: Haha the problems of semi-famous people not being followed by more famous people

2 Likes

What language is “Ferry Poem” from the Rewrite Original Soundtrack sung in ? I heard people say it was a multi-language song.

I can never find the lyrics anywhere, but from what I can tell, its actually just words from several languages (ex. Japanese, English, French, and possibly many more?) put together in a non-sense order. It sounds very beautiful when Aoi Tada sings it though. And its meaning in the context of Rewrite actually kinda makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes