Siglus Hacking

An interesting development!

I actually have the game now. I can get everything transferred over later, but work and dinner first. Might take some time transferring our current translations to the full game.

Very cool. Which version did you get with what bonus?

Oh, none of those fancy bonuses for me. I wasn’t in a rush to get the game, it’s slightly cheaper that way too. Gotta make a saving~ Man, just looking at the JBox listings is enough to scare me x.x
I do kinda wish I got that one poster with Yusa and… I think it was Shiina? In it… But I wasn’t sure how it worked. They’ll probably get other stuff in a different beat.

In other news, I’ll be updating the github later on. It doesn’t look like there are any big changes with the transition from demo to full, but it’s still annoying to do the careful copy paste job >< Gonna wake myself up first in case I miss anything.

Ah. I got this one.

Owning this game and not working on it feels weird, that’s why I’d like to donate my editing skills to this project.

I’m up for it if you’ll have me. =)

2 Likes

The full script has been added to the Github page.

I’m moving over all our current translations, but now we have character routes! Yay! Unfortunately, this means someone will have to read through Yui’s route. Sorry in advance.
I’m going to experiment with the images, so they’ll come later.

As a reminder, the latest tools for extracting and packing the Scene files can be found here. The great lord Tanuki has bestowed them to us.

Ah, yeah, that’s a bit more pricey than the AmiAmi one, but you get all those goodies.

I feel kinda bad. I haven’t even read it. Gonna learn the story through the project~

Roger!
I’ve been editing bits and pieces while moving all our translations over to the new scenes, but there are a lot of sentences that make me think “will people from other countries understand this?” It’s hard to judge your own wording! Especially when the bright white background of Notepad++ burns into your eyes after a few hours…

2 Likes

Ah yeah, I know that feeling. I used to work in manga, and the Translators didn’t think they needed people to look at their work because they thought it looked good. Well, obviously they wouldn’t make it look bad in their eyes!

But it always helps to have a fresh pair of eyes.

And I also know what you mean about the Notepad++ getting tired dilemma…

Use Sublime Text instead of Notepad++. It’s a lot better and it will help with those repeated names.

There’s now some stuff in the TLCHECK folder. Anyone more experienced in translating want to check them out? Should only be 5-10 minutes of work.
Once they are done, just shove them in the QC folder for our quality checkers.

Oh, and a side note, please try to be awake while you translate. The amount of typos drives me insane!

I’ll take a look at it since I have some time today. Do you want me to just go ahead and change it, or add any edits I have as comments?

Ah, just change it. It’ll show what was edited~ There are some nicknames that need deciding on too, so take a shot at them if you want.
We can put it all through QC, so don’t worry too much about typos or making perfect sentences :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so I used:
ユリブサイク --> Uglyuri
ただのエロ少年 --> Just a Pervert
量産型日向 --> Hinata Clone (Unless “mass-produced” is supposed to mean something like “unoriginal”, then I got nothing)
Oh yeah and I changed “Uncanny Hunk” to “Uncanny Stud.” Hunk feels pretty outdated.

We still need:
暗算日本記録保持者 (Someone remind me why 'Mathster Mind" wont work?)
エロエロ団ナンバー1 (Probaby something like “Leader of the Ero Gang”)
ドピュッシー (Maybe we’ll just end up going with “Debussy”?)

Why is this even a choice? o.o Is it meant to be a hidden insult at Yuri?

Clone still works in that case.

Oooh, I forgot we had those discussions. Some people were arguing it loses the “national record” thing. Trying to include it would make the name too long though.

The Ero Ero Uno? The Pervmaster? The Ero Hero?

I’ve forgotten the context to that one. I remember it being brought up before.

The last discussion on this stuff is there. Probably worth hanging onto for future reference.

Ok, we also need translate Hinata’s nicknames XD

エロエロ団総帥 - We’ll have to differentiate between this and エロエロ団ナンバー1

ひなチン - Normally I’d just say Hina-chin works perfect, but there was some discussion earlier about not using honorifics, so…

イケチン - similar to above, but also, I assume the イケ refers to “good looking” again, so we’ll have to come up with something here

男子生徒 - Since we went with “Schoolgirl” for 女生徒 , I assume we’ll use “Schoolboy”

男B - What do you guys think “Man B” or “Boy B”? Only reason I would say maybe not “Man B” is because Hinata clearly looks like a highschool kid

Also, anyone got a good TL for 「死んじゃったけど、このまま死ねるかってぎりぎりのところで抗ってるの」as well as 「今にものし掛かってきそうな体勢で」?

Oh also, for メガネ仲間 we originally had Glasses Comrade. I kinda think something like Glasses Buddy would sound better in this situation… anyone else wanna share an opinion?

Since the “namba 1” title is a use of English, “Ero Ero Uno” would keep the language-play. The other one can just be a boring “Ero Ero Leader” or something.

I think that’s fine.
Personally, using honorifics when it’s just a normal situation is a bit weird in a translation. If the honorifics become a talking point or a joke, then they should be mentioned. You know, it’s like… I don’t really think about honorifics until they become the topic of interest.

Stud-chin? Hotty-chin?

Probably Boy. I actually like that nickname.

Is she meant to sound crazy when she says it?

The 4 eye guy.

1 Like

Yeah, she’s screaming. The full line is 「あのねぇ…死んじゃったけど、このまま死ねるかってぎりぎりのところで抗ってるの! そこに今居るのよっ、ここはそういう世界なのよっ、そんな世界で授業を受ける義務なんてあるわけないじゃない!」

The TL we currently have tentatively is: “You know… We died but we’re fighting against this world of death! We’re alive here. This is that kind of world, so there’s no reason why we’d have to take tests!”

But I just cant really figure out what thats what the first sentence is really saying.

Not that I know Japanese at all, but isn’t that stressing the “-chin” for comedic effect? I would think pointing out the honorific would be fine then; even those unaccustomed to them will see the difference and still get a sense of the comedic difference, nicknames being what they are.

I think Comrade sounds better, actually, for a nickname. At least for how often Americans use “Comrade” in a comedic sense, I think it would work better.

The “chin” in Ikechin and Hinachin isn’t an honorific. It comes from “chinchin” and Otonashi gives him this nicknames after he sees Hinata’s crotch.

1 Like

So lewd XP
Thanks for for informing us! It probably wont affect how we translate it though~

1 Like

I remembered that someone pointed out that translating the whole kanji into “Mathstermind” doesn’t work because it’s meant to be long and hard to remember and such. So by translating it into a much, very much simpler word(s) will make it lose the purpose/joke/whatever was that in the argument. (Remembered it because I was the one suggesting “Mathstermind” …or in my original comment, “Mighty Mental Mathstermind”)

I think we should keep the Ero Ero in honor of Loli Loli Hunters.

[quote=“Yerian, post:337, topic:1226”]
ドピュッシー
[/quote]It’s Depussy

I thought it’s more common to translate it as “Female Student” or “Male Student”?