Key Music Fan Covers

God damn, Philosophyz is such an amazing song.
That yoshino cover is amazing.
Hey, that 8-bit reminds me of a fantastic 8-bit version of the after story OP that I found a long while ago.

1 Like

Personal favorite of mine. This guy is one of my favorite pianists in general, actually.

@Mecynogea You should really probably edit your first post instead of posting so many times. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Sorry!

Awesome cover also!
It sounds really epic, as if being in a magic castle or something.

I want to ask, what is the definition of “fan-covers”? Anything which is not published by KSLA?

That’s a good question, actually
 In Japan, some “fans” have gotten big enough to be included in KSLA albums.
If we go with anything not published by KSLA, then what of the Enigmatic Lia albums? And remix albums sold in comiket?

Well for a start, I think the difference between ‘cover’ and ‘remix’ is pretty apparent, but people have already started posting remixes here. Hmm

Maybe we need a thread for remixes too, with clarification about what’s cover and what’s remix?

Also here’s another work by Yukizakurasou

(Not really cover, I guess? Because the lyrics and arrangement were changed)

A fan cover is when someone with no association with Key covers KSLA material. Covering something is when you recreate parts of (or the whole of) a song. You can put your own style into the cover to make it different, or you can emulate the original.

A remix is when you get a song and edit it to fit a preferred style or idea.

1 Like

I know we have a topic somewhere for the Rebirth Album, but I’m gonna post these here anyways because I love them so much:

“Key Classic Medley” by Tehishter

“Key Modern Medley” by Animenz

3 Likes

Amazing. I bet that’s how the music would sound like if Clannad or any VN gets an NES port. :3

HOLY BREAKER! Can’t believe I haven’t posted this yet.

Possibly my favorite song ever + guitars and drums = eargams galore

Someone need to send this to Maeda to get him to include it in the VN

4 Likes

I just had like a thousand eargasms. It sounds so awesome ;-;

I think this is appropriate for today. One of my other favorites from Rebirth.

5 Likes

So I got my hands on pixeldesu’s Starry Christmas album, which covers a bunch of anime songs. Most of them are named after the song it covers, but the last one is named after the album, and I swear it’s covering a Key song, I just can’t remember which one. Is it from Clannad or something?
https://soundcloud.com/pixeldesu/preview-starry-christmas

While looking for Sha La La Ecstacy remixes I found a nice peaceful string medley of a few LB tracks.
https://soundcloud.com/cybercube-1/holiday

And here’s a Two Sugars remix by the same person who did that Slow Curve one that I posted a while back.

2 Likes

Isn’t this Tomoyo After’s op, Light Colors?

Two Sugars is one of, if not my favorite track on the Little Busters OST. And I absolutely love that cover. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Ah, that’d make more sense! I don’t know the Clannad ost well enough to recognize a track that isn’t Nagisa’s theme, but Tomoyo After has a similar atmosphere to it.
I’ll have to check later, but if it is, I’m surprised to see TA in it.

That string medley sounds like a preview of an album. I wonder if a full album does exist somewhere? I want that day game remix! There’s so few Day Game remixes, it’s criminal.

EDIT: Yes, seems I was correct. There’s a webpage for the album here: http://www.cybercube.org/site/holiday/